Ebel Artistry: Achieve A Flawless Summer Look.
Posted on 11 June 2013
I had so much fun painting the perfect summer lips at Garnish and Moulagerie's First Thursday event! The look of the evening was inspired by Drew Barrymore's bright siren lips and brilliant glow in the latest pages of C Magazine. Pairing vibrant and punchy shades of coral, fuchsias, and reds with a fresh complexion is definitely IN. [caption id="attachment_957" align="aligncenter" width="491" caption="Photo Credit: C Magazine, Drew Barrymore."][/caption] If you didn't get a chance to come by Garnish and spend time with me in the makeup chair don't worry. You can achieve this season's trending look with some of my favorite products and a few easy to follow steps:
- Start with soft even-toned skin. Use a large powder brush to lightly dust on Jane Iredale's Pressed Powder in Golden Glow with SPF20 to help diffuse dark shadows and brighten up your complexion.
- Add some warmth. Blend Zuzu Luxe Cosmetics Bronzer onto the areas that naturally get touched by the sun, like the forehead and temples, and contour cheek bones for an instant summer glow.
- Make your eyes 'POP'. Alima Pure Cosmetics eye shadow in Chai is an absolutely gorgeous pink shimmer that illuminates the eye area to make them look awake and refreshed.
- Jane Iredale's eye liner in basic black applied to the inner part of the eyes helps to create the illusion of bigger eyes. Glides super smooth so it won't pull on delicate skin.
- Complete the eyes with one to two coats of Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara.
- Prep them for staying power. Using a lip pencil, line lips and fill them in completely with color to achieve the desired matte finish. I’m really loving how creamy and long-lasting N Y X cosmetic lip liners are. Their Fuschia, Plush Red, and Coral shades are just perfect! Drew Barrymore's new cosmetic line - Flower Beauty, also has a great range of vibrant shades that flatter different skin tones. Add a coat of your favorite lip gloss or lip balm for a more luscious look.
- Makeup Artist trick: for a soft rosy blush in a pinch, take a touch of lip liner with your finger, apply to cheeks and blend.
- The last step. Do a quick spritz with Rose Water to finish your makeup and achieve a dewy finish.